Monday, October 10, 2011

Mommy's Little Helper

Finding time to clean my house feels like a job in itself. I am at work during the day and can't bear to waste any of my free time with Cason keeping up with the daily chores... I'm a bit of a whiner when it comes to anything interrupting my time with my boy :). I try to do most of the housework at night after he's in bed or during his naps on the weekends. However, there are, of course, times that it is absolutely necessary that I do something when he is awake so we try to make it fun. Cason loves helping with anything and everything. He doesn't wait to ask if I need the help and just jumps right in :). This sometimes makes things a bit more difficult, but way worth it in the end. It also makes for cute photo ops which I love. 

Loves to help me cook. He likes it when I give him his own bowl and spoon to mix while I am mixing mine.

Sweeping seriously is a chore! He always wants to ride the broom. I've tried to compromise by letting him hold the dust pan for me.
Cason helps with laundry by handing me the clean clothes to fold or hang up. He also likes it when I give him the wet clothes to throw into the dryer. After everything is out he'll climb right in!

A few more things I want to add about my little helper:
  • Loves playing with cars and trucks right now (basically anything with wheels, big or small) and calls all real vehicles boats.
  • Climbs and jumps on everything. A favorite is to run across one couch, climb on the end table, and jump onto the other couch. He always wants to climb onto the end table or ottoman and jump into our arms.
  • Loves piggy back rides. Anytime I am sitting on the floor he comes up behind me, wraps his arms around my neck, and begs to go for a ride.
  • Plays with the key remote for our truck all the time. He loves to push the buttons and make the alarm go off.
  • Always wants to turn the lights on and off and is obsessed with light switches.
  • The bathroom door must remain shut or we will find him sticking his hands in the toilet. Gross, I know!!
  • Loves to eat fruit and will eat any fruit. Luckily his crazy obsession for grapes has passed. He still loves them, but doesn't throw a daily fit in front of the fridge anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment