Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fall Fun

Last week blew in a much needed storm in Southern Utah. Cason absolutely loved the rain! Each day we spent a little bit of time running around in it and getting completely soaked. One weekday afternoon Jeff and I were both home (which almost never happens) so we decided to do something crazy and go swimming in the rain. It was a lot of fun. Cason, of course, loves every opportunity to get wet and loved every minute of it. The rain has now passed, but it seems that it left us with the fall season in full swing. We have been doing some fun things in the cooler weather.  Over the weekend I even pulled out my halloween decorations. I LOVE FALL! It is such a beautiful, fun time of year. It also helps that the holidays are just around the corner :). Here are some of the things we've been up to.

Playing and swimming in the rain- I wish I would have had my camera any of the times that we were playing in the rain. Cason absolutely loves to get wet. He'll run through the sprinklers any chance he gets and took the same opportunity with the rain. One afternoon we came in and his poor little nose and toes were freezing. We took a bath to warm up and then I grabbed a pair of fuzzy socks for his feet. They kind of looked like a big pair of fuzzy, pink boots. I thought he looked adorable! He wasn't sure what to think.


I can't resist putting in a cute bath picture :).

Sensory Box- My friend posted on her blog about a sensory box that she made for her daughter. I must admit, this is the second idea I've stolen from her recently... thanks Tara :). Cason and I were looking for ideas of fun things that we could do inside during all the rain and this was perfect. I made a box with beans and a box with macaroni with little toys hidden inside. He had a blast raking and digging through the beans and macaroni to find the toys. He had even more fun throwing them all over the kitchen.




Bike ride with grandma- Cason and I love to go for rides on our bike. At home we have a little seat that hooks above the back wheel for Cason to sit in. We were at my parents house one day hanging out with my mom and she suggested a bike ride. My sister has one of the trailers that you pull behind the bike. We have never tried this before and Cason loved it! I think he liked it even more than the one we have at home. We may have to get one for ourselves.



Decorating pumpkin cookies- Every year my mom makes a big batch of halloween sugar cookies for the kids to decorate. Typically we do this closer to the actual holiday, but this year she surprised us early. I am hoping this means that we will be doing it again in the next couple of weeks :). Cason didn't do much decorating, but had a great time eating the frosting, sprinkles, and eventually, the cookie.






No comments:

Post a Comment