Sunday, October 16, 2011

Halloween- sneak peak

So I am not Suzie Homemaker, Martha Stewart, or anything close to it. Typically, I leave those things up to my talented sister. However, since becoming a mom I have had to kick my butt in gear a bit and learn to do some new things. There are two goals that I have made for myself to accomplish each year as far as crafty, creative stuff goes. Just two?! In my defense I feel like I am a pretty busy woman! I'm hoping (crossing my fingers) that in the future I will have a little more spare time and can broaden my goals a bit. Right now I figure if I commit myself to these two projects each year then everything else I accomplish is a bonus. So what are the two goals?

Well, the first is to make a themed birthday cake for Cason's birthday each year. I feel like I did pretty well with jersey and basketball cakes for year one. I'm already finding cute ideas for next year and am getting pretty excited about it :).

The second goal is to make a homemade Halloween costume for Cason each year. The costumes that you buy at the store are adorable.... and expensive. Aside from the cost difference though, I have always loved when parents make their kids costumes, especially when they are original and creative. Although my ideas have not been the most original so far I have had a blast making costumes the past two years. Just yesterday I finished Cason's costume for this year. I can not wait for him to wear it and can't resist posting a quick picture. 



And since I didn't have a blog at this time last year here is a quick photo recap of Cason's first Halloween as a skeleton. I can't help but smile everytime I see these pictures. He was the most adorable little skeleton!







No comments:

Post a Comment