Saturday, July 7, 2012

Giles Family Reunion 2012

Two weekends ago we headed up American Fork Canyon for the annual Giles Family Reunion.  We always have such a fun time at the reunion and I look forward every year to seeing a lot of my extended family.  This year my uncle Joe and aunt Shauna were in charge of hosting and came up with a cute Dr. Seuss theme for the weekend.  The canyon was beautiful and the weekend didn't disappoint.  Cason loved walking down to the river that was right across the street from our campsite.  We also had fun relaxing in the wilderness, playing at the lake, and hiking Cascade Springs.  As usual, the weekend ended way to soon and we had to say our goodbye's till next year.  Thanks everyone for a great time!

There was something a bit different about the reunion this year.  Two days before we left I had the brilliant idea to buy a tent trailer :).  I say brilliant, because I was not anticipating how much work it would take to get things ready in those two days and created so much more work for myself.  We had talked about getting one before and I just happened to come across it on Craigslist that day.  We got an AMAZING deal and it works perfectly for our needs.  It survived it's maiden voyage to the reunion beautifully and we all slept great!  It should be a lot of fun for us in the future.

I usually take millions of pictures at every event we go to.  For some reason, this time, I did not.  This is all that I have :(.





No comments:

Post a Comment