Friday, July 27, 2012

4th of July

Our 4th of July was pretty low key this year.  We started the morning off having breakfast at Jeff's grandma's house.  Afterward, while Jeff and my dad were golfing, I took Cason to Nisson Park with my mom and nieces.  It is a fun park with a little stream running through it.  The kiddos wore their swimming suits and had a blast playing in the water.  We then went back to grandma's house for a bbq later in the afternoon before heading to my parent's house for more food and swimming.  After an internal debate about staying up late for the city fire works show we did head over to the Sun Bowl to watch.  Cason absolutely loved the fireworks last year, so I was surprised that he got a little scared.  He covered his face with his blanket through most of the show and kept saying "I done, we're done."  I think he did enjoy some of the moments that he took the blanket away and watched because he talked about fireworks for days afterword.  It must have just been the loud noises that were scary.  It was a great show and, although I was tired the next morning at work, I was glad we went.














No comments:

Post a Comment