Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Goopy" goo and other fun stuff

I just wanted to make a quick post about a few things we have been up to recently. 

The other day I was home with Cason (thank you President's Washington and Lincoln!) and we were looking for something fun to do inside.  I had some left over corn starch in the cupboard from some finger painting we did months ago and decided to make a little mixture with water.  We added some blue food coloring for effect and had ourselves a ton of fun with what Cason termed "goopy."  We layed a sheet on the floor of the kitchen and went to town.  Cason was excited about it at first, until he got his hands in it.  Then he kept saying "ucky ooooouy" and refused to touch it.  He somehow managed to get it all over himself before we decided that it would be more fun to paint the sheet with it.  Who would have thought two ingredients could combine to be so much fun!




Cason loves to paint and it is something we do a lot of in this house.  The other day he spent, literally, an hour and a half on one painting.  This includes the time he spent taking the caps on and off and on and off, counting the paints, and lining them up perfectly (he's a little OCD).  By the time he was finished we had paint everywhere.... notice his nose.  Luckily it's washable :).





Speaking of OCD.... we always find Cason's toys lined up in perfect rows.  Recently it has been his trucks.  It's hilarious to find them in various places throughout the house.




Today I am also home with Cason (thank you shingles... not so much!).  He is such a smartie pants recently and I'm trying to find ways to test his knowledge.  We made a new game this morning that will help with sorting colors and counting.  It wasn't much of a challenge for him, but we had a lot of fun playing it together.  And afterward he had a lot of fun throwing the poofy balls around the living room :).







There's so much more I could post about.  It is something new and exciting everyday with this boy.  He is 21 months old today and I can't even believe it.  I've been thinking a lot lately about what a miracle it is to have children.  Being pregnant and actually giving birth is a miracle in itself.  It's incredible to think that Jeff and I created something so perfect!  But after that we have this infant that grows and develops so quickly into an intelligent human being.  It's hard to fathom.  It is amazing how smart, caring, compassionate, fun, intuitive, energetic, spunky, sarcastic, tricky, beautiful, bright, and lovable he is at 21 months.  In 21 short months I have realized that having children brings so much meaning to life and I feel so blessed that I got the best one! 



1 comment:

  1. It's been awhile since I've been on here and you've really made me want to get better and commit to this "blog" thing. You pretty much made me cry! :) We are lucky!

    ReplyDelete