Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blue's Clues Valentines

Cason is really into Blue's Clues right now so I decided to make Blue's Clues Valentines for all of his friends and family.  We made sugar cookies and decorated them with the famous Blue's Clues paw print.  I did most of the baking while Cason colored the back of the Valentine's and watched Blue's Clues (of course!).  He loves pointing out the "clues" while watching the show and thought the cookies were pretty awesome.  He knows all of the actions to the songs that Steve sings and also sings most of the words.  It's pretty cute to watch him as he watches.  He gets right up next to the t.v. and becomes so engulfed in the show.  We spent the afternoon of Valentine's Day running the Valentine's and cookies around to all of our friends.  It was great to see everyone and spend a little bit of time with our family, especially my grandpa and grandma.  We don't see them near enough!  We saved the biggest cookie for Cason to enjoy at the end of our Valentine's Day date.  Needless to say... he loved it!




Cason and I also made a cute little Valentine for Jeff.  Cason has recently started saying "I love you thiiiiiis much" and giving big bear hugs.... although it actually sounds more like "I you iiiiiis muts."  So, we traced both of his hands on cute Valentine's paper and cut them out.  He then colored on another piece of paper which we cut into strips and glued together.  We folded the strips (accordian style) and glued them between the two hand prints.  I wrote on the paper "I love you thiiiiis much.  Happy Valentine's Day Daddy.  Love, Cason."  I thought it was pretty cute and Cason had a fun time helping to make it.


No comments:

Post a Comment