Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Vegas (part deux)

A few months ago we went to Vegas with some friends to see a concert and had such a great time that we decided to go again this past weekend.  It was a blast!  We always have such a good time with the Hilsmanns.  Jeff and I had been dying to see one of our favorite bands, Saves the Day, in concert.  I have to say that this band is one of my guilty pleasures. Their lyrics are terrible.... morbid even. In fact, some of their music is the type that I would turn down or change the station if Cason were in the car... but I love it!  Unfortunately, the show was a bit of a disappointment for me. Saves the Day sounded great, but it seemed that the lead singer got a bit frustrated with the crowd halfway through the show.  He became sarcastic and rude and ended the show horribly (ruining one of the songs I had been waiting to hear all night).  Needless to say, it was a bit of a let down.  However, they co-headlined with another band that I had never heard of called Bayside.  Bayside played after Saves the Day and were amazing, ending the show on a great note.

The second day in Vegas we played a lot of bingo.  Again, another of my guilty pleasures :).  Who would have thought that I would grow up to play bingo.... for fun!  Before our kiddos were born we always used to make trips to Mesquite to play, but this was the first time since having kids. 

Saturday night we went to the Cirque du Soliel show, Mystere, at Treasure Island.  It was AMAZING!  Seriously, some of the coolest things I have ever seen.  I do not even understand how these acrobats can do such amazing things with their bodies.  There were times I was in complete awe and other times that I had butterflies in my stomach for fear that they would hurt themselves.  I absolutely want to go back and see another show... and I think we will :).  It was incredible!

Sunday morning we made the journey home to see Cason. Two nights was quite a long time for this momma to be away :). It didn't help that I had just taken him to the doctor on Friday and found out that he had croupe. I promise you, this kid gets sick more than any other kid that I know. We started him on steroids before we left and I knew he was in good hands with my mom. Needless to say, I was ecstastic to rush home and see him. When we arrived though, all he wanted was daddy. Seriously?! I love this stage that he is in and absolutely love that he loves Jeff, but it honestly hurt a bit. I guess I need to get over it and come to terms with the fact that he is a daddy's boy. Love that kid!





No comments:

Post a Comment