Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

"Having someone to love is family.  Having somewhere to live is home.  Having both is a blessing."  This is a favorite quote of mine and kind of sums it up for me this year.  I have so much to be thankful for that I often take for granted.  I am blessed with an amazing family and we have everything that we need and more.  I'm thankful for the big things like my house, my job, and my health, but I am also thankful for all of the little things like being able to snuggle with Cason everynight before bed, the inside jokes that Jeff and I laugh at daily, and a nice warm bath and good book at the end of a long day.  I think it's the little things things that I appreciate the most.  Even though little wrenches often get thrown into our lives, life is really great!  It's all about family and I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else than the amazing people I do.  Happy Thanksgiving!

We spent Thanksgiving at my parent's house this year with my sister's family and both sets of grandparents.  The boys went golfing while us girls prepared the food.  It was fun to spend the morning with my mom and sister.  The kids played with each other throughout the morning and made apple turkeys which was a lot of fun.  Dinner was delicious and it was so nice to spend quality time with everyone.  Later that night we stopped by Jeff's grandma's house to visit for a bit and then went to my grandparent's house to visit with my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  I love that the holidays bring us all together. 










No comments:

Post a Comment