Wednesday, November 2, 2011

HaLLoWeeN

I took Halloween off of work this year to spend the day with Cason.  I wanted to make it a great day and possibly planned a bit too much :).  I didn't realize how hectic it would be to get everything in that I wanted.  (This is a common occurrence for me.)  The morning started out great.  Cason and I stayed in our pajamas until his afternoon nap and spent a big chunk of the morning jumping into piles of pillows and blankets in the living room.  After naptime it was on to our busy afternoon.  After dressing Cason up as THE CUTEST, LITTLE PIRATE EVER we met up with my sister and family at my grandparent's house before heading over to the mall for trick-or-treating.  After the mall we had planned to go to my ward trunk-or-treat, but plans changed and instead we stopped by Jeff's mom's house to show off our little pirate.  Afterward, my entire family, including my grandparents, came over for dinner and to celebrate my dad's birthday a bit late.  Jeff and I made delicious homemade chili for navajo tacos and apple crisp for dessert.  Yummmmmy!!  It was a good time, with good food and company, until tragedy struck....

Recently Cason has been intrigued by our oven.  He loves to watch and help me cook.  We have a gas stove which he loves to turn the knobs on.  The burners don't always light, but with each turn the gas comes on.  This scares me to death.  He also loves to open the oven and climb right in.  Also, SCARES ME TO DEATH.  We have a lock on the oven which we have been using.  However, the other day Cason saw Jeff lock it and now knows how to unlock it.  In the midst of all the chaos of dinner and Halloween night, it happened.  I guess it was bound to happen at some point, but I still wasn't prepared.  Poor little Cason opened the oven and stuck his hand right in.  He probably cried for a good hour straight.  I felt so horrible and tried everything, but couldn't really console him.  He was in such pain.  I know I am a first time mom, but this really was a big deal for me.  I'm just so grateful it wasn't worse.  The next morning he was happy as can be with just a few 2nd degree burns and blisters on the one hand.  Again, soooo grateful it wasn't worse.

Overall, it was a great day, but I definitely could have done without the last hour :). Here are some pictures of my adorable little man.

The bandana lasted about 1 minute :). He also had a skull and crossbones necklace (not in the picture) that lasted about as long.
 Doesn't he look so tough!
 Don't mind me in the background :/.

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute! Not the most intimidating pirate I have seen...but probably the cutest!

    ReplyDelete