Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mr. Case

Every now and then I like to dedicate a post to Cason.... mostly for journaling purposes.  He's at such a fun age and is doing something new everyday.  I would hate to miss writing about something :).  Today I'm going to do his top 5 (not necessarily in that order)...



1. Doggie Blankie- Jeff's grandma made Cason an adorable dog blanket and gave it to us shortly after he was born.  Just recently he has grown VERY attached to it.  He sleeps with it every night and is sure to carry it out of the crib with him in the morning.  He drags it all around the house and I find him laying on it in the most random places. 

2. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse- I don't love Cason to watch a lot of television, but he adores Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  He sings "hot dog, hot dog" when it comes on and loves to dance to the songs.  I of course find this adorable!  For a kid with a short attention span it amazes me that he can sit through an entire show. 

3. Animals- Cason not only loves our dogs, but any dog he sees on the street and pretty much all other animals.  His favorite book right now is about animals.  He loves to point to the animals as I say them.  He knows many, but a few favorites are dog, cat, and ladybug.  He also just recently started making animals sounds.  His favorites are the sounds for dog and cow. 

4. Affection- This kid as become so affectionate.  He loves to give big bear hugs and huge open-mouthed kisses.  He will be playing with his toys, run over to give me a hug and kiss, and then go back to playing.  He slept in the same bed as us while we were camping recently.  One night he fell asleep facing me (pretty much his nose touching mine) with one hand under my neck and the other hand on my face.  Seriously melts my heart!  I know one day he isn't going to give those hugs and kisses quite as willingly, so I'll take as many as he'll give now :).

5. Talking- Cason has always been a talker, but has seriously hit a vocabulary boom recently.  It seems that he knows a new word every time I turn around.  I know I will be leaving out some, but want to try and make a list of the words that he says frequently, so here it goes.  Mom (all variations), dad (all variations), grandpa, ball, no, bye, hi, dog, boat, uh-oh, vroom vroom, yuck, night night, hot dog, some, all done, and bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment