Monday, September 19, 2011

Finger Painting

My friend posted a fantastic recipe for finger painting on her facebook page today. For a week or so I have wanted to get some finger paints for Cason, but hadn't gotten around to it, so the timing was perfect. Cason loved helping me make the paints and was so excited when I started putting the colors in. Honestly, I think he had more fun making it than actually painting with it. When it was finished we laid some newspaper out on the kitchen floor and went to town. It was a lot of fun. At one point he pulled a spoon out of the drawer and was using it as a paint brush. So inventive! The best part is when he started to eat the paint (which was inevitable of course) I didn't even mind because I knew exactly what was in it. It was such an easy recipe to make and a very fun afternoon with my boy!





Recipe:

3 tbs Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Corn Starch
2 cups Water

Combine ingredients in small saucepan.
Warm until mixture thickens.
Cool and pour into containers.
Add food coloring to create desired colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment