Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happy birthday to you Caseroo!


Well the day has now come and gone and I have mixed emotions about the whole thing.  Yesterday Cason turned one!  A couple of months ago people started asking me what I was planning for his birthday.  Each time somebody asked I couldn't help getting a bit sad thinking that my little boy's birthday was so close.  How could a year have gone by already?  Then as the day got closer I became more and more excited to celebrate his first year.  What an amazing year it has been!  We celebrated with a sports themed swimming party at my parents house.  I had so much fun planning it and it turned out better than I had expected.  Thank you to everyone who came to party!  Afterward, in order to prolong the celebration, we went bowling with my family and to dinner at Cafe Rio.  Even after all the pizza, cake (more accurately, icing), and junk food earlier in the day Cason enjoyed every bite of his "Cason-dilla."  The entire day revolved around him and I loved every minute of it.  However, as we were driving home at the end of the day the sadness I felt a couple of months ago crept back in.  I even got a few tears in my eyes.  I still can't believe that my boy is one!  Even as he sits here next to me eating his big boy breakfast on his own, communicating with me through grunts, gibberish, and an occasional comprehendable word, and looking so old and independent it's hard to believe.  It has been so much fun watching him grow and progress.  I am so proud of this little guy.  He means everything to me and I am so grateful that we were able to bring him into this world one year ago.  I love you buddy!  Happy birthday!!











2 comments:

  1. So exciting! He has gotten so big! :) Happy birthday to you the other day also! I wish I lived closer so that I got to watch him grow up and see you guys more often! Hopefully some day we will. Happy Birthday Cason! I bet the next time we get Liv and Cason together they will have a wonderful time playing. I am so excited for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it either. He is so cute and I love how he smiles at everyone no matter who they are or if he knows them or not. His birthday was so fun, and the cakes were adorable. I love your little guy!

    ReplyDelete