Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Backyard Adventures

We are loving our backyard this spring! From sun up to sun down Cason loves to be outside playing and it is so nice for me to be able to let him run around in the backyard without having to worry about where he is or if he could get hurt. The weather has been so perfect lately. Cason and I have been playing outside so much recently that I honestly can't recall the last time I had to pick up all of the toys inside the house. We have been focusing on fixing up the patio area the last few weeks and it is really coming together. I love to sit out there during the day while Cason plays on his playground. I made some hemp balls to put over patio lights that we draped around the awning. It looks amazing and is so beautiful at night. Jeff and I have loved sitting out there after Cason goes to bed with the lights shining and the water fountain running. A few times Jeff has even brought his guitar out and I sing while he plays some of our favorites. Cheesy, I know, but I am loving it!

 Loving my beautiful rose bushes!

 It's hard to tell what the lights and balls look like from this picture, but I am pretty pleased with the outcome of my most recent project :).


 This also isn't the best picture, but we planted a few pink jasmine vines on the patio. They smell amazing and I can't wait to see how they grow over the next few years.

 Cason loves to splash around in the fountain.
We worried about Cason opening the gate and getting out or letting the dogs out so we installed a lock. Apparently a lock isn't going to stop him :).


1 comment: