Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Naughty or Nice

So.... my little Casemeister can be the sweetest thing at times.  The other day I woke up to a huge hug followed by "I love you mommy. You're my best friend."  Moments like this are not uncommon for him.  He spontaneously says things like this all of the time and can be such a good little helper.  He loves to spend time with me and loves to cuddle.  One of my favorite things is when he asks to sit on my lap and read stories.  I also love bedtime each night when we lay on his bed together to read books, sing songs, and tell stories.  These are such tender moments for me as a mom. 

On the other hand my sweet little angel also has a bit of a naughty streak.  He is going through a phase right now in which he doesn't always like to listen or obey.  I sometimes wonder why he acts like such a 2 year old..... then I remember that he is one.  Sometimes I can't help but laugh at the naughty little things that he does.  Though I know this is not the most appropriate response I just can't help myself.  The most recent of these moments I did not want to miss writing down (I always seem to forget after a few days).  Cason was in the toy room giving a very compelling speech with his microphone.  He stood up on his toy box and yelled various phrases at me in the other room.  I was on the phone with Jeff at the time and was telling him how cute it was and how our son could be the next president with a speech like this.  Just as the words came out of my mouth Cason ended by shouting "I do what I want AND . I . DON'T . LISTEN!"  And that about sums it up :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment