Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas 2o11

Santa stopped by our house this Christmas and spoiled our little Cason boy.  He got an awesome truck and new clothes.  In his stocking was a ton of candy, big boy cups, a coloring book, crayons, and paints.  Jeff got a new Nike golf sweater and I got some picture frames.  Apparently, Cason must have been better behaved than Jeff and I throughout the year ;).  It was fun to see Cason's reaction when he first saw his truck.  He absolutely loved it!  He didn't seem too interested in the clothes.... big surprise.... and didn't really understand why I wanted him to look in his stocking.  However, once we got the paints out they were the biggest hit of the morning.  He would have spent hours playing with them if I had let him. 

We debated back and forth whether or not to spend the night at my parent's house with the rest of my family.  Although it would have been a blast to be with everyone, I am so glad that we decided to stay at our own place.  It gave us the time to focus only on Cason and be together with just our little family.  We spent the entire morning sitting on the floor playing with Cason and his toys.  Jeff and I got Cason a little piano and a race track for his trucks.  He enjoyed ripping apart the wrapping paper to see what was underneath.  The look on his face was priceless each time he would see something new. 

After all of the presents were opened my mom stopped by to see us and we then spent the rest of the day making the rounds to see everyone else.  We went to my parent's house for breakfast, stopped in on my grandparents, and after naptime had dinner and spent most of the evening with Jeff's family at his grandparents house. 

The only person we didn't see was my dad.  He ended up making it home from Denver late Christmas night, but we weren't able to see him till Monday.  This is the first Christmas ever that I have not been with my dad and I sure did miss him.  I know that Cason missed his "pop pop" as well.  Luckily we were able to spend the entire day after Christmas with my family.  That night we stayed up till the wee hours playing games together.  It was such a fun weekend with family.  Although my family is pretty close as it is, I especially love the holiday season because it brings us together even more.  I wish every weekend could be like Christmas!

 To Cason from Santa.
To Jeff and I from Santa.
The surprise of opening presents is much more fun with a toddler around!
He opened the top first, exposing the race cars.  It took some coaxing to get him to stop playing and open the rest.
Cason is obsessed with trucks right now.  Now that he has his own big truck maybe we can stop checking out the truck aisle every time we go to target :).
Our little prodigy is starting young on the piano.  He is intrigued by music, dancing, and instruments. 
Vroom Vroom!!
Cason loves to draw, paint, color, you name it.  Bonus- these paints are spill proof and washable!
Cason loves to watch the ducks at my grandparents house.  When we pull up in the car he immediately starts saying "duck, duck, duck."  I took this picture right before the big swan got angry and charged at us.... scared poor Cason right to tears.
Jeff's mom got Cason this awesome bike.  Although he can't quite reach the pedals yet, he loves riding it around the house with the occasional tip over or crash. 
Cason was surprised to see this wagon from my parents.  He loves climbing in and out and opening and closing the door.  Perfect gift, thanks guys!
First wagon ride to the park.  I love this genuinely happy smile!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome car track! I want to come play with it! lol

    ReplyDelete