Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Casemeister

I can not believe that my baby ... scratch that, toddler ... is 14 months old!  He is getting so grown up and indpendent.  His little personality continues to develop and he is such a ham.  He is at such a fun age.  I wish I could stop the clock and put life on pause for a while.  Since I can't I am just trying to enjoy every second and appreciate the little moments.  Even thought life can be hectic and we seem so busy at times he makes it easy to love life.  Here are a few things about him at this stage.
  • He's turned into mommy's little helper.  He shows me his hands to be cleaned off after eating, pulls his shirt over his head when getting undressed, lifts up his feet to put on his shoes, helps put toys away, etc.
  • He makes the cutest kissy noises and faces.  I will be in one room and make kiss noises and no matter where he is in the house I can hear him do it back.
  • He can actually play on the playground now.  He can climb up and slide down the slide by himself!
  • He snaps his fingers and mimicks other little things that we do. 
  • He loves to read.  Multiple times each day be brings me a book, climbs into my lap, and starts turning the pages.
  • He has no fear.  This can be good and bad.  No fear of animals, heights, the road ... anything!
  • He recently has been struggling with afternoon naptime.  He gives an oscar worthy performance complete with a ridiculous fake cry followed by a sweet smile and kisses.  What am I supposed to do with that?!
  • He has so much energy and is constantly moving.  He usually only sits still long enough to really cuddle right before bedtime.  We still read stories and sing songs every night.  It's the best part of my day!
  • Mom has replaced no as his favorite word.  When I'm not home he runs around the house looking for me and yellling "moom, mooom?"
  • He's an excellent eater and seems to eat as much as me.  He's not gaining a lot of weight (currently 22 lbs), but is getting very tall.
  • He loves to take a seat on anything that looks his size.
  • He can officially climb onto the couch without help.
  • He's a tease!  He'll pretend he's going to share food or a toy or even pretend to give me a hug and then pull back at the last second and laugh hysterically. 
  • He hasn't had a haircut yet.  Some days I think about it, but just can't bring myself to change those long golden locks.  I think he looks adorable, but I don't want it to get to the point that he is confused as a girl.  I'm up for suggestions.
  • He's incredibly ticklish, especially on his thighs.
  • He's so much fun and there's something new everyday.  As always I could go on forever, but I guess I won't :).

     loving his new rocking chair... thanks grandma Janet
    he loves playing at the park by our house... we go there almost every night
    all by himself... I'm so proud
     if you look closely you can see his latest battle wounds... stitches on his left hand and his first black eye (left)... this kid's always getting hurt :(

No comments:

Post a Comment