Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

Cason had his first Valentine's Day party for preschool this year. It was fun to see him get so excited about it. We looked around on the internet for box ideas and he chose to make a Batman one. (No surprise there!) He really looked forward to giving each of his preschool friends a valentine and was also excited with the ones he brought home. When I picked him up he said "Mom, I got suckers! I want to share one with you." He can be such a sweetheart sometimes :). He also made me a special heart necklace in primary the Sunday before and asked me to wear it on the big day. It's the littlest things that mean the most to me now days.


Jeff and I surprised the boys on Valentine's morning with balloons and candy. Kevin loves chasing balloons around and Cason makes up the wildest games to play with them. Anytime we have balloons for a special occasion they end up staying around the house for quite a while. We got another surprise early Valentine's morning from grandma Janene. She doorbell ditched us and left a surprise gift filled with chocolate and a book on our doorstep. Throughout the day we received several goodies on our porch. It made for a very exciting day!


Jeff and I don't usually make a big deal out of Valentine's Day, but like to spend it as a family doing something the kids will enjoy too. We spent the night at Fiesta Fun riding go-carts and playing arcade games. Two different people ended up giving Cason extra tickets that they had won so he really scored on prizes. Kevin was just content to crawl around the slides and pester his brother a bit.





I love this valentine that Cason made for Jeff. This is the first, ever picture that Cason has drawn of our family. He doesn't love art projects, coloring, or drawing so it was a pretty big deal for me. I also love the sweet note that he had me write off to the side. He's a big sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment