Sunday, January 22, 2012

Out with the Old... In with the New

Or in this case.... the older. We've made a few changes recently. In an effort to downsize to get ready to go back to school we sold our truck. It was a bitter sweet day, but all in all I think it's going to be a good thing. I'll miss the newness of it and how roomy, comfortable, and beautiful it was, but I won't miss the payment :). We got a steal of a deal on a used jeep and are pretty happy with our purchase. Jeff has always wanted a jeep and in the event that we do end up in Salt Lake or Colorado it will be nice to have a small, 4 wheel drive SUV to navigate the snow.

So we went from this....
 to this.

I also recently decided to do a little remodel of our front living room. Not anything fancy by any means, but I love the change. When we first moved into this house, almost 4 years ago, we barely had enough furniture to fill half of the rooms. Our home has a formal living room and a regular living room and we had absolutely no idea what to do with the former. My parents had an old pool table that they were willing to let us use to fill some space and it has been there ever since. The pool table has been a lot of fun for us, but for the most part collects junk and takes up space. Since we've had Cason this room has also been a convenient place to store all of his many toys. I've thought for a while that it would be nice to have more of an open area for him to run around and play, but have just now done something about it. So we got rid of the pool table and moved in some other furniture including a storage ottoman for some of Cason's toys. The minute the pool table was gone Cason ran around and danced for hours chanting "dance, dance, dance." He absolutely loves the room and I don't even mind that his toys are scattered all around. The furniture in the room has turned in to his furniture. He says "my couch, my chair." It's his own little sanctuary :). This new change also gave me the push I needed to finally hang up our family pictures... bonus! 

Here's the before...

and after.






No comments:

Post a Comment