Saturday, August 13, 2011

a little bit of what we've been up to

PLAYING WITH FRIENDS- It's so fun to have so many friends and cousins close for Cason to play with.  He loves other kids and loves to get involved in everything.  Although it's still hard for me to leave him to work during the day I do love that he has a lot of interaction with other kids a few days a week.  It's interesting to watch him with different friends.  I've noticed that he will "parallel play" with kids that are closer to his age.  With older kids he seems to get right in on the action and play like a "big boy."  Such a cutie!

 Cason, Gavin, and Shayla
 Allie and Cason
Cason and Olivia

FIRST CAROUSEL RIDE- They recently put a carousel by the main street water park.  (Still one of Cason's favorite places.)  My mom and I took Cason there the other day while Jeff was golfing and decided to try it out.  He loved it!  I was surprised at how fast it went :).


PETTING ZOO AT THE FAIR- We went to the annual county fair this year hoping that they would have a petting zoo.  Cason loves animals and I knew it would be a hit.  From the second we walked in he was down on all fours to see the baby piggies.  He went right up close to all of the animals and even got to feed the goats and ride on the back of a bull!  I loved seeing his face light up when he saw each animal.  He also loved dancing to the band's music and catching the jumbo bubbles from the bubble tower.  I think we'll go back again next year.


 love that smile
 he wanted to climb right in with the goats

 riding Chewy the bull

JUST BEING ADORABLE- Of course it wouldn't be like me if I didn't go on and on about my cutie pie!  He loves playing with his toys and shows me something new everyday.  He now knows how to use the shape shorter and stack rings the right way.  He still talks on the phone every chance he gets.  Anyone who leaves their phone out in plain sight is at risk!  It must always be Jeff on the other end because he always answers "hi dad!"  His newest words are oh and uh-oh, dog, milk, and ball.  He knows and can point to different body parts including his ears, feet, hands, head, and, his personal favorite, belly button.  He seems to understand just about everything.  I tell him to find different things around the house and he will run into the other rooms and bring them back to me.  It amazes me everyday how much he knows.  I guess we really need to start being careful because he picks up on everything!  He blows kisses when people leave, say bye, or tell them they love him.  And he just started swimming on his own with floaties!  He's growing up so fast.  I still can't believe he is almost 15 months.  It seems like yesterday that we were getting ready for him to come into this world.  I love this kid so much!


 for some reason he likes to sit on his bike while playing with other toys
 "hi dad"
 sitting on the race track as it spins in circles

No comments:

Post a Comment